Thursday, April 13, 2017

Pavel’s Tetris Style Cabinet

Hello, TWW community! This is my first furniture project. I usually make jewelry boxes and wooden logos. But one day one of my clients asked for a cabinet. I had a sketch with dimensions and basic design but during the process I had to change some things. I used locally sourced  types of wood  that I could find.  Oak, Ash for the shelves, and Walnut and Pine for facades. I had my doubts about using Pine but I couldn’t find Maple in my country.

I used jigs and techniques I was good at, so I chose finger joint for sides, which was a key issue, but I think I did it pretty well. For the facades I came up with a tetris brick style idea I liked a lot. I really wanted to make it look like tetris bricks. So 400 bricks were cut and then cut again on each side at a 30 degree angle. The shelves were made on a box joint jig and glued to the facades.

I used shellac for finishing. I am very happy how it turned out since this was the first time I ever used it. I am pleased with the end result and welcome any comments, advice or just your thoughts on this project. Thank you!

The post Pavel’s Tetris Style Cabinet appeared first on The Wood Whisperer.



from The Wood Whisperer http://ift.tt/2pfraF1
via IFTTT